SENIORS CARD SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2023
Opens 9.00am 8th April – Closes 6.00pm 20th May 2023
Late entries will not be accepted
The NSW Dept of Communities and Justice and the Fellowship of Australian Writers NSW Inc (FAW) are again conducting a Short Story Competition. The Top 100 stories will be published in Seniors Stories Vol. 9 and launched in November 2023 – these stories showing senior years are worth sharing. Tap into your memories, ask family/friends for their anecdotes, or maybe you are witness to others who love living every day to its fullest —and create a short story for others to enjoy.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all New South Wales Seniors cardholders.
- Seniors Card Membership Number must be included on the entry form.
- Seniors Card Membership, competition entry and Workshops are FREE
- The theme for this year is: ‘AGEING AND LIFE LESSONS’.
- Story length max. 1,000 words (Poetry not accepted) Excess word count will be immediately disqualified. (The title is exempt)
- Multiple entries may be submitted but only one will be published. No entries will be accepted outside the stated competition dates and times, the link closes promptly at 6pm, 20th May 2023.
- The top 100 entries will be published in the Seniors Card anthology to be released in November 2023.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry forms are available from the FAW website www.fawnsw.org.au. The forms are interactive from Easter Saturday, 9.00am 8th April, 2023 and the entry can be attached.
- Due to the requirement of the printer, entries to be in digital form. (Help for non-computer users is available on 0417 403 720 – leave your name and contact number).
- Entries must be a Word document, not a PDF or Jpeg.
- Entries sent in a format other than Word cannot be accepted.
- Entries should be typed in 12pt font, double-spaced.
- AUTHOR’S NAME SHOULD ONLY APPEAR ON THE ENTRY FORM…NOT THE STORY
For queries please contact: Maureen Kelly oam 0417 403 720 or email email@example.com
NOTE: Please share this information with your senior family members, friends and colleagues.